Thursday, March 6, 2008
Basically a big plane took a big flight without a big number of people. I think it said 5 people actually. Kinda stupid, but kinda funny at the same time, check it out.
The recent ramblings of me mostly have to do with my bike. It's all set up for riding now and I took it on its first ever run down in Virgin Ut. While there I finally got the nerve up to hit a 17 foot drop (we are not sure exactly, but its a pretty big looking cliff!) So much fun, such a rush. Back in the world of school and bills, I just got my clutch replaced, that was a pain in the butt. Going to pick it up caused a great amount of difficulty since the guys card reader wasn't working yet. Since I was going to be paying with my credit card, this put a slight damper on things. I don't know my pin number for my credit card. It was a long process but finally my clutch doesn't slip. There is a small grinding noise still, not really sure what it is from but we will deal with that later.
Thinking as to what Krystal wrote about her taxes got me thinking, wow its like we are related or something, what with have the same ideas. Our tax return will be better than I have ever had. This isn't saying much coming from a guy who likes to get a new or second job every couple of months. Ours disappears like so; Car payment(s), Ballroom tour, and thats about it. Oh well, That tour takes me and Natalie to Oregon, Washington, and Cali. next week, and then to New York in the spring. Should be very fun.
Other than that, not much else is going on. School, work, work out (My friend Tim joined a gym and is making me go with him, my arms hurt a lot today), you know all the fun things in life. Also heading up north this weekend to see family and have a grand time. All in all however, I really can't wait for spring break!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
10 years ago today...
uhh. . .Feb 21st, 1998. . .I was 10. There was probably more snow than there is nowadays. I was in 5th grade, maybe 6th I dunno. So my friends that I had in that grade are either on missions or just kinda disappeared, sad day. My memory isn't the greatest if you couldn't tell already.
5 things on my to-do list today:
HAHA, a to-do list, maybe that would make things work a little better around here. Well, I suppose
- Get out of bed in time for my 11:30 class *check*.
- Understand what my engineering teacher is talking about *Half check*
- Finish my engineering hw before 3:00 *check*
- Clean the kitchen and get some beans cooked for some soup tomorrow *check*
- Hang with some friends *check*
BIKING!!! A nice flowy downhill run that lets my put my 8 inches of travel to good use. Also riding my bike off cliffs, thats pretty enjoyable as well. I also enjoy laying in bed next to my wife and falling asleep. I enjoy cooking random thing without a recipe, much like my dad cooks. I also enjoy simple things, whatever they may be. "Great mind can amuse themselves." Also red dirt on my car and bike. I dunno what it is, but having a Subaru just pulls you towards muddy and unpaved roads.
What would I do if I were suddenly a billionaire?
Pay off debt and loans, wow that would be nice. Then go buy a new car for Natalie, and buy all the necessary parts to make my car a rally machine. Send a box of snickers to my Personal Finance teacher. Then probably buy a new bike, and a house with land. "It's good to have land." - Stewie Griffin.
3 of my bad habits:
- Lazy. I like to sleep in and not go to class.
- Procrastination, kinda goes hand in hand with #1.
- Spending money I do not have. I like to buy stuff, doesn't even have to necessarily be for me or an actual item, stuff for Natalie or even food, I enjoy it.
5 places I have lived:
- Orem, UT - Home
- Orem, UT - Grandparents for 2 summers.
- Cimarron, NM
- Cedar City, UT - First apartment
- Cedar City, UT - My current apartment/home.
5 jobs I have had:HAHA, only 5?
- SCUBA shop gopher (go for this, go for that)
- Philmont Ranger
- Bajio prep cook
- Call Center/Heat Plant Operator
- Orem Public Works
- Orem Fitness Center
- Teleperformance USA (While working #7)
- FedEx Kinkos graveyard (While working #7)
- Highland Farms Driver (While working #7)
- Orem Public Works
- Call Center/Heat Plant Operator.
5 things you might not know about me:
- I can ballroom dance (I know all my family knows this).
- I like rap music as much as I like josh groban.
- I am a gear queer.
- I had nightmares from watching I am legend (Those creepy night people and their dogs are in my closet and bathroom I swear)
- I have seen a skin walker. Thats the only way I can describe what I saw on the perimeter hike.
Saturday, December 29, 2007
Before I get to school I should let all you readers (pretty sure thats just you Krystal) I got married!!! Hooray for me! I got married to My beautiful wife Natalie Marie Coles on August 30th in the Jordan River Temple. It was fantastic. I have never felt more right about any other choice in my life. I got a fair amount of dirty looks from people due to a few reasons. I am young, and I didn't serve a mission. Those are other topics though. Natalie has applied for the nursing program here at SUU and will hopefully get accepted and start the 2 year program in the fall. I am going to school here at SUU as well working on getting my GPA up to a more acceptable number. Once I get it up I'm hoping to get an internship with the BLM in land surveying and GIS. We will have to see how well that all goes.
Other than that nothing much is going on. I have a new hobby of downhill biking as you can see from looking at my facebook pictures. I can't wait till the snow melts so I can get back out on the trails and hit some big stuff on my Big Hit.